Tuesday, September 25, 2007

San Diego Mayor - A Good Man



I am a financial advisor. When I look at the facts surrounding gay "marriage" and "civil unions" I come to the undeniable conclusion that gay couples deserve the right to marry. Anything less is patently discriminatory.

I am not saying that all churches need "marry" gay couples. I leave it up to individual churches and their right to freedom of religion. But, to deny gay couples the right to marry under the Federal Laws of our land presents these couples with undue and insurmountable hardship. Seperate but equal is not the law of our land. All men and women are created equal. Telling them thay cannot marry another consenting adult defies and undermines the foundation of our Democracy.

Any objective person, when presented with the facts, must come to the same conclusion despite their religious beliefs.

No comments: