Friday, February 22, 2008

Retirement

I have a friend that just turned 60. He is a great guy and has been very successful in business. I asked him why not retire? He said, what would I do? So I made him a list. Unfortunately I left my list at work. I will post it someday soon.

Until then I have a thought. Why don't we all find a candidate to work for in the House or Senate race. There has to be someone around the country you like. Give them money. Volunteer in some way. If you are not inspired by you rep, then find someone who represents your values and call their headquarters. Ask what you can do from out of state. Perhaps you can write letters. If all Americans found someone that inspired them, and then worked to get them elected, our democracy would represent all of us.

Just a thought.

No comments: