Tuesday, April 10, 2007

What does this say about our lives?


My brother sent me this. A world famous musician plays in a subway. Who notices?


" No one knew it, but the fiddler standing against a bare wall outside the Metro in an indoor arcade at the top of the escalators was one of the finest classical musicians in the world, playing some of the most elegant music ever written on one of the most valuable violins ever made."


What does this say to you? Think about it a bit. What would you do? Would you notice? If you would not notice, what does it say about all of our lives?

2 comments:

Leo said...

Hard to say as Detroit does not have a subway so we do not have that dynamic of subway musicians. I will say that I would not have recognized him but would have listened for awhile.

We Americans do live with a perception of being busy so I presume that most would pass him by.

Andrew, Bridget, Walker, and Josie said...

I am also concerned that I would pass him buy, oblivous to the wonder of his music. I worry we often miss the things that are important, when we live in a hyper scheduled life. I wonder if we will wake up some day and ask where it all went. It seems like yesterday that my son was born and now he is almost seven