Tuesday, March 6, 2007

A follow-up on my post to good conservatives.

I know this is hard for all of you (I experienced much of the same frustration with my party in the late 70s, although for quite different reasons). When you ask legitimate questions of the current Republican party, they may call you a closet liberal. The current crowd is not kind to dissent and change of course. Self examination is not looked upon with kindness. You will be called a traitor, a terrorist sympathiser etc. We understand. We have been there. This is going to be hard. I am sorry. It still needs to be done. We must all remember that people are just people and the good ones far outweigh the bad ones. In America the politicians still serve at the pleasure of the people. It starts with our neighbors and friends.

No comments: