Thursday, March 8, 2007

Gingrich

Let me see if I read this correctly. "Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich acknowledged he was having an extramarital affair even as he led the charge against President Clinton over the Monica Lewinsky affair, he acknowledged in an interview with a conservative Christian group."

Did I?

I thought so.

Gingrich will argue that he was just following the law and prosecuting a felony. I have dealt with this canard here.

I am not saying we should rule out voting for a president based on fidelity. Unless, of course, the person is running on a platform of marital fidelity and "family values." It speaks volumes about their integrity and willingness to prostitute their ideals to their whim.

I have long said that I do not care if the CEO of Coke is sleeping with his neighbor. As a shareholder, I did not hire him because he has a good marriage. I also do not think you need to be a saint to run the country effectively. I do believe you need to be low on the hypocrisy scale. How can you lead, if what you say is in direct contradiction to what you do.

We have that problem now. Bush is full of "listen to what I say, and just ignore that I am doing exactly the opposite." I give you "I'm a uniter not a divider" and "we need to hold people accountable" as shining examples of hypocrisy.

I just don't think the American people are stupid enough to elect this kind of psychopath again. At least I hope not.

Anyone want to take bets on whether or not Fox will report this story?

By the way, CBS and ABC have still not reported anything on the US Attorney firings.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Foxnews.com has in their search about 30 stories about Gingrich and his affair.

And what a difference 10 days makes. It's hard to tell now if ABC and CBS were saying nothing about the attorney firings back on the 9th, but the story is now the front web page headline for both.