Friday, February 9, 2007

Anger in religion

I always thought that the Christianity I see on TV is quite different from what my Grandfather, a Baptist minister, taught me as a child. Chris Hedges has written a book that I have not yet read. I did listen to this little snippet and am interested to read it now. I wonder, has anyone read it yet? The book is called "American Fascists: The Christian Right and the War on America."

The title makes me think Chris may be prone to hyperbole. Then again, so am I.

1 comment:

Leo said...

Like you I must admit to being perplexed over the call to violence that I see coming form the lips of ministers. I wonder why they have chose this course of action which is counter intuitive to most of our understandings of Christianity? Have they lost faith? Do they think that they have found a short cut?