Friday, February 16, 2007

Humm...

So let me see if I can paraphrase this Representative. We undermine our democracy by exercising our democracy.

Rep. Don Young (R-AK), are you saying that we should not talk about the war, unless we support it in it's entirety? If you really believe this, then perhaps you would be more comfortable with a government where people are not allowed to contradict state policy. I find it unfortunate that Arkansas elected you to represent them in our democratic form of government. If you are so uncomfortable with democracy, perhaps you should have run for something like general, or dictator, or supreme commander. Until then perhaps you should keep your dictatorial thoughts to yourself.

I suspect that Don Young is yet another example of this absurd conservative thought process: "I don't want to abolish government. I simply want to reduce it to the size where I can drag it into the bathroom and drown it in the bathtub."[25]

I pine for the day that one of these conservative blowhards thinks about"effective government" and realizes that, in America, we are all created equal. Government must work for all of us. If you want it to work for just you, then move to an isolated little island and appoint yourself Poo-Bah.

1 comment:

voyageur said...

"If you want it to work for just you, then move to an isolated little island and appoint yourself Poo-Bah."

I wonder if this Alaska representative was involved with the scandal of millions being voted to build a bridge to an isolated little island.